Terminating Employment for businesses
Our specialist employment team acts for a range of employers including SMEs, start-ups, entrepreneurs, LLPs, global companies and professional services firms. We are fortunate to work with many high growth companies that we have supported at all stages of their growth and development.
- We advise on best practice when dismissing an employee, including senior executives.
- We analyse the legal issues and explain the risks of any litigation and set out a strategy to meet your goals and desired objectives.
- We prepare correspondence which sets out your position robustly and succinctly.
- We help you with any negotiations with the employee; their solicitors, or ACAS.
- We prepare the settlement agreement that you will need if you reach agreement.
- We review litigation risk with business owners or directors.
Our employment partner, Philip Henson, is known for being supportive, commercial, pro-active and straight talking.
“Philip is a superb employment lawyer. I was extremely impressed with the manner in which he simultaneously displayed both empathy and professionalism. His attention to detail and thorough preparation resulted in a very successful outcome in an extremely contentious Employment Tribunal proceeding.” Senior Partner of an American Law Firm based in central London.
We look forward to working with you.
Philip Henson, Partner and Head of Employment Law