I was honoured to be asked to chair the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Annual Employment Law conference in central London yesterday. Over 150 delegates attended (mainly heads of HR/HR consultants or in-house legal), and a list of distinguished speakers.
Here is a full list of the speakers:
- Norman Lamb MP – the Minister for Employment Relations, Consumer and Postal Affairs, gave the Key Note Address – recorded video.
- Carl Creswell, Deputy Director of Domestic Labour Law from the Department of Business Services
- Charles Wynn-Evans head of the employment practice of Dechert/a Part Time (Fee Paid) Employment Judge.
- Paul Nicholls QC 11KBW.
- Stephen Levinson, Employment Partner at Radcliffes Le Brasseur, and
- Leatham Green, Assistant Director of Personnel & Training for East Sussex County Council,
- Angela Shields, Director, Employment Law, Pitmans LLP
- Nina Barakzai, EMEA Privacy Counsel, Dell,
- Ruth Daniels, VP Legal, Ancestry.co.uk
- Chris Russell, BAE Systems
- Claire Carey, Employment Partner, Sackers LLP
- Dermot Courtier, Group Head of Pensions, Kingfisher
- Caroline Stroud, Employment Partner Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Graham Browning, Global Head of People Performance, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Michael Burd, Partner and Joint Head of Employment, Reward and Immigration, Lewis Silkin LLP,
- Mark Mansell, People and Offices Partner, Allen & Overy LLP,
- Joanne Owers, Partner Employment Department, Fox Williams LLP
For further information contact Philip Henson, Partner and Joint Head of Employment Law – DKLM LLP
- Beecroft dismissal proposals ‘won’t create more jobs’ (telegraph.co.uk)