Employment Law Update is the commentary and opinion blog of Philip Henson Partner and Head of Employment Law at DKLM LLP, London (UK). Views expressed are my own.
Philip is a Pro-active senior employment lawyer (13 years+ PQE), accredited mediator and Harvard Law School trained negotiator. I have appeared as a legal expert on BBC News; Sky News; ITN News and BBC Radio. I have also lectured for CIPD and published legal articles/columns for leading broadsheets and industry press.
Partner and Head of Employment Law at DKLM LLP in London. For more information about DKLM – a full service London law firm – visit http://www.dklm.co.uk
• Design and manage implementation of bespoke contracts, policies, procedures, in partnership with senior stakeholders
• Manage employment litigation and disputes (across broad industry areas) of international and UK clients – including in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, and the High Court
• Strategic advice from recruitment to termination – including investigating workplace grievances, performance management and disciplinary procedures; redundancy procedures, and senior level exits.
• Collaborating with corporate colleagues in the planning and delivery of corporate transactions; employment related due diligence advice; restructuring and outsourcing; share schemes, and TUPE/ARD advice
• International projects with associated international offices in China and Europe, and assisting with international enquiries from UK Trade and Industry (UKTI)
• Manage, create and deliver HR training to senior HR teams, and Board level (UK and US)
I also act for City executives in complex board room disputes predominately for successful female executives across many sectors, and high value C-suite level settlements (usually between £150k – £10 million)
Outside of the office I enjoy writing screenplays. I am working on several projects at various stages of development.
I am also a volunteer trustee of Deen City Farm and Riding School in South West London.
Philip is a Fellow of the RSA; an Associate Fellow of the Society for Advanced Legal Studies; and a member of: The Law Society of England and Wales; the City of London Law Society (and a Freeman and Liveryman of the City of London). The Employment Lawyers Association.
I am always happy to hear from any businesses, or individuals, who are in need of employment law advice; or who want to work with a law firm that cares about your business.
I can be contacted @ the following email address: email@example.com; or twitter @EmpLawPhil
The content of this blog is for information purposes only. The information and opinion expressed does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for legal advice.
Thanks for stopping by; have a good day.