Employment Law Update is a blog by the employment team at London law firm ebl miller rosenfalck (London, EC1). http://www.millerrosenfalck.com
About the employment team at ebl miller rosenfalck
ebl miller rosenfalck is an international business law firm known for its expertise in inward and outward investments and in-depth knowledge of cross-border issues. The team supports international businesses who are establishing a business in the UK, or exporting to the UK, and assist UK and international businesses who are establishing businesses in Europe, or who export to Europe.
Clients range from start-ups, SME’s – typically in their growth stage – to listed corporations. Sector expertise includes tech, creative, media, film, hospitality, leisure, energy and renewables.
The employment team provides an employment law help desk function which offers assistance with day to day HR support for UK and European clients which we will be expanding.
We also provide a private client service which provides bespoke support for senior executives in their personal capacity.
Most of the team are legally qualified in another European jurisdiction and/or speak at least another European language. Working with ebl offices across Europe, and via the Warwick Legal Network, the firm offers a seamless pan European service. The firm has five country specific desks based in the London office: Danish, French, German, Italian and Swedish.
In addition to the expanding employment team the firm offers expertise in the following areas: dispute resolution, company, commercial, immigration/business immigration, real estate, and intellectual property. The firm also has an independent HR consultancy function.
Philip Henson, Partner
Philip Henson is a Partner and Head of the Employment team. He is an experienced employment lawyer, qualified mediator and an astute negotiator. He is also qualified as a Solicitor (non-Practicing) in the Republic of Ireland.
Emmanuelle Ries, Partner
Edzard Clifton-Dey, Partner
Sara Kennedy, Legal Director
Christina Leung, Associate
Marguerite Perin, Trainee Solicitor
What we do:
- European Workforce restructuring – our expert employment team wrote the leading book on this subject: https://www.bloomsburyprofessional.com/uk/workforce-restructuring-in-europe-9781847667007
- Design and manage implementation of bespoke contracts, policies, procedures, in partnership with senior stakeholders.
- Manage employment litigation and disputes (across broad industry areas) of international and UK clients – including in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, and the High Court.
- Strategic advice from recruitment to termination – including investigating workplace grievances, performance management and disciplinary procedures; redundancy procedures, and senior level exits.
- Collaborating with corporate colleagues in the planning and delivery of corporate transactions; employment related due diligence advice; restructuring and outsourcing; share schemes, and TUPE/ARD advice.
- International projects with associated international offices in USA/Canada, China and Europe, and assisting with international enquiries from the Department for International Trade (DIT).
- Manage, create and deliver HR training to senior HR teams, and Board level.
We also act for City executives in complex board room disputes predominately for successful female executives across many sectors, and high value C-suite level settlements (usually between £150k – £10 million).
We are members of the following organisations:
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- The Franco British Lawyers Association
- French Chamber of Commerce in Great-Britain
- The Franco-British Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Paris
- The German-British Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- The British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark
- The Danish-UK Chamber of Commerce
- The Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK
- The Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK
This blog is edited by Philip Henson, Partner and Head of the Employment Law at ebl miller rosenfalck.
We are always happy to hear from any businesses, or individuals, who are in need of employment law advice; or who want to work with a law firm that cares about your business.
Philip can be contacted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of this blog is for information purposes only. The information and opinion expressed does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for legal advice.
17-18 Aylesbury Street